Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Weekend Three

1. I tried a 3 mile run this weekend. For about 2.8 miles, I felt great. Then I started feeling little twinges around my achilles. I walked the last bit, stretched, and iced. Overall, I thought it went pretty well. Probably better than I expected. But still, periodically I'll step wrong, or squat down to pick up a blanket while holding one of the girls, and pain shoots through my achilles, followed by a period of achiness. I feel about 90% healed. I would love to be 100%, but I also feel the urgency to get back to training before the race in a few weeks. Have I mentioned how much injuries suck?

 

My sister and running buddy is experiencing severe pain in her knee after spraining her ankle a couple weeks ago. We are a couple of sad sacks.

2. An exchange between Kenley and Mike this afternoon:

Mike [to Sophia]: Here's your milk, Fia.
Kenley: Dad, say So.
Mike: So.
Kenley: Now say Fia.
Mike: Fia.
Kenley: Now say Sophia.
Mike: Sophia.
Kenley: Good job!

3. The girls had a great time at their first parade on Saturday at the Loveland Corn Roast Parade. It was also the first day since Tuesday that Sophia went entirely fever-free, which made it even better. We found a great spot along the parade route, and the girls danced in the street before it started.





Kenley has always loved marching bands and was on board with the whole parade idea as soon as I told her she would see some, but both girls soon discovered the best part about parades is all the free candy. We got home for a post-parade, post-sugar crash, during which we all got some rest. Not a bad weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I love that story of Kenley trying to get Mike to pronounce Sophia's first name. She is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww they are so cute!!

    Hope you have a great day!

    xx

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete